The Museum has a wide variety of community programs and events that your company can sponsor. Explore the different programs and exhibitions that can be of interest to your company.
Which program would you like to sponsor?
The MAPR presents exhibitions of excellence, featuring both local and international art, for the enjoyment of all visitors. Sponsoring one of these exhibitions provides corporations and individuals with a unique opportunity to collaborate with one of the most important cultural institutions in the country. Through this program, you can help defray the costs of development, organization and presentation of important exhibitions and interesting cultural and educational programs that support the same.
Establishing an alliance with the MAPR can create an overflow of benefits for you and your company. In exchange for your generous support you can benefit from:
- Public relations and marketing opportunities
- Training opportunity for your clients
- Visibility for the sponsoring company among its clients, employees, and governmental agencies
- Acknowledgement together with the MAPR in the credits that appear in the areas or galleries and printed material of the exhibition; these generally consist of:
- The wall at the entrance of the exhibition and the banner placed at the entrance of the MAPR
- Invitation to the opening of the exhibition
- Materials used in the educational program of the exhibition
- MAPR activity calendar that is sent every trimester to members
- The exhibition catalogue, upon publication by the MAPR, and the brochure of the exhibition
- Acknowledgement in press materials, such as the press release, the press conference, and advertisements
- Acknowledgement in the annual report
- Courtesy passes
- MAPR Memberships
Experience the honor of sponsoring the best in art. Support one of the next exhibitions coming up at the MAPR. Your assistance can be an exclusive, co-sponsorship, or a partial sponsorship.
Children, teenagers, adults and other members of sectors with limited resources of our community are eager to know the distinct manifestations in the world of art. Make a difference by economically supporting one of the following educational programs:
- Guided tours and creative workshops program for school groups. The program includes: entrance tickets, guided tour, snack, creative workshop and materials. Approximate duration of two and a half hours.
- Guided tours for youth institutions. This program includes the entrance fee and educational volunteers, for groups who enjoy a one-hour guided tour through the MAPR’s exhibitions.
- Guided tours and creative workshops for deaf children. With the help of an interpreter, they participate in a guided tour followed by a workshop and an included snack. Duration is approximately two and a half hours.
- Art Workshop scholarship. The project offers students of limited economic resources a scholarship to take a basic art course lasting 10 sessions, 3 hours per session. The grant provides funds for registration materials, classroom, hired resources and assistants.
- Scholarships for children from the Pediatric Oncological Hospital, through which patients receiving outpatient treatment can register for an art course. Includes registration and materials.
- Training for teachers.
- Once upon a time…, storytelling activity for children.
- Printing of educational pamphlets.
Raised funds go towards defraying the costs of the educational programs. To support one of our educational programs, please communicate with the Department of Development and Membership at (787) 977-4449 or send an e-mail to email@example.com
Acquisition of a Work of Art
The MAPR collection is, in large part, the heart of the activity undertaken by the institution. The economic support for acquiring important works of art by Puerto Rican artists is a vital part of assuring that the Museum’s permanent collection continues to grow.
Your contribution will be recognized in the annual report and a plaque will be placed with the corresponding recognition next to the artwork, as long as it is on exhibit in one of the galleries.
Funds raised are used toward the defraying of the costs of acquiring artwork for the MAPR collection. To sponsor the acquisition of a work of art, please communicate with the Department of Development and Membership at (787) 977-4449 or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sponsor a gallery or common space at the MAPR
Be the only sponsor of a gallery or another area of the MAPR for a period of five to ten years. This opportunity is offered to an institution or an individual and is payable over a maximum period of five years. The sponsor will obtain the following benefits:
- A commemorative plaque designed by the MAPR which will be placed in the sponsored gallery or area
- Acknowledgement on the Sponsors’ wall located in the main entrance of the MAPR
- Use of the logo designated as Official Sponsor of the MAPR
- First option for sponsoring each activity carried out in this particular gallery/area
- Corporate membership
- Individual memberships
- Courtesy passes
- Invitations for the annual activity of corporate acknowledgement
- Invitations to all pre-openings of special exhibitions, according to the type of sponsorship
- Free rental of MAPR facilities
- Additional discount on other activities at the MAPR
These funds contribute to the costs of maintenance for the galleries/sponsored areas.
Other Sponsorship Opportunities
Institutional events are an important part of developing and accomplishing the Museum’s mission. The Gran Gala and ArteJangueo are fundraising events that showcase Puerto Rican art and local artists as well as our Permanent Collection. Summer Afternoons (every Wednesday in June and July) and Magical Afternoons (every Wednesday of December) are events aimed at families where they participate in educational activities for our younger audience integrating art and a variety of themes that change according to the season.
The Museum celebrates the beginning of Holiday Season in Puerto Rico with an Open House for Members at the beginning of December. In January, we receive the Three Kings in a celebration of our culture and for the enjoyment of the families that visit us. We work to keep alive our traditions by offering artistic and creative workshops where children can create the boxes for the grass they will pick to feed the Threes King’s camels on the night of their visit.
During Family Days, the main sponsor invites everyone to visit the Museum free of charge. Although every Family day will have free admission, each Family Day is different and customized according to the events scheduled with the support of the Sponsor to offer the visitor a unique experience.
Artist Assistance Program (PROA)
The Museo de Arte de Puerto Rico (MAPR, for its Spanish acronym) has established the Artist Assistance Program (PROA, also for its Spanish acronym) with the goal of promoting and bringing recognition to the work of professional artists born or those who reside in Puerto Rico.
This goal will be achieved through the development of services and creative projects, and through the establishment of alliances with other institutions interested in encouraging the development of our artists.
Visit PROA in our website to know more about the services provided by the program and browse through the Artist’s Directory available online